In his long business career and sports activity, Mr Kutubuddin Ahmed has secured myriads of notable positions as well as received extraordinary awards. Here is a glimpse of that:
Knight officer of the Spanish Royel Order of Merit, 2020.
The Order of Civil Merit (or Orden del Mérito Civil) was established by King Alfonso XIII of Spain in 1926 to recognize “the civic virtue of officers in the service of the Nation, as well as extraordinary service by Spanish and foreign citizens for the benefit of Spain
- Awarded with the 2006 International Olympic Committee(IOC) Trophy "Sports and Community".
- Received a Diploma from the International Olympic Committee for remarkable success as a volunteer to the development of Sports and Olympic and to the promotion of friendship and solidarity among people.
For contribution to the Rotary Foundation, he was made Paul Harris Fellow 2004.
The Paul Harris Fellow recognition acknowledges individuals who contribute, or who have contributions made in their name, of 1 000 to The Rotary Foundation Rotary established the recognition in 1957 to encourage and show appreciation for substantial contributions to what was then the Foundation’s only program, Rotary Foundation Fellowships for Advanced Study, the precursor to Ambassadorial Scholarships
- The Business Person of the Year 2016 Honoured by Daily Star DHL Bangladesh Business Awards, 2016 for his visionary entrepreneurship and philanthropic contribution to the society
DHL Express and The Daily Star of Bangladesh introduced the awards in 2000 to uphold the businessmen for their entrepreneurial spirits, creativity and skills and contributing to the economy.
- Awarded with “National Sports Award 2002.
National Sports Award is the highest recognition for contribution as a sports organizer in Bangladesh, given by Sports Journalists’ Association.
- Kor Bahadur for the Year 2016 Honored by National Board of Revenue as one of the Highest Personal Income Tax Paying Family in Banglades.
The title Kor Bahadur is given to the families where all members are paying taxes for a long period of time.
- Award received from International Islamic University Chittagong in recognition of outstanding corporate achievement at 2008
- Recognized as the Prominent Personality in the Apparel Sector and recieived the prestigious "Arthakantha Business Award - 2002" by a national financial fornightly of Bangladesh. Arthakantha Publications
‘Arthakantha Business Award 2017 is awarded for their contribution in different sectors like business, investment and entrepreneurship.
- Received Organizer of the Year 2010 Trophy from Bangladesh Sports Journalists Association
- Awarded Best Sports Organizer for the Year 2006 by Bangladesh Sports Writers' Association.
Member Executive Committee International Chamber of Commerce, Bangladesh.
With a global network of over 6 million members in more than 100 countries, ICC work to promote international trade, responsible business conduct and a global approach to regulation through our unique mix of advocacy and standard setting activities - together with market leading dispute resolution services.
Member, Advisory Board of Bangladesh Ceramic Manufacturers & Exporters Association (BCMEA)
Bangladesh Ceramic Manufacturers Exporters Association (BCMEA) is the National trade Organization of Ceramic Tableware, Pottery, Tiles, Sanitaryware Insulator and others Ceramic Products Manufacturers and Exporters in Bangladesh.
Member of the Board of Trustee of BGMEA University of Fashion & Technology (BUFT).
BGMEA University of Fashion and Technology or BUFT is a university in Bangladesh. It was established with the aim to produce technically competent human resources for the Ready Made Garments sector of the country.
Former President (2001-2003) – Bangladesh Garment Manufacturers & Exporters Association (BGMEA).
Bangladesh Garment Manufacturers and Exporters Association or BGMEA is a nationwide trade organization of garments manufacturers in Bangladesh and is located in the capital city of Dhaka. This trade body plays a pivotal role in the country's earning sector of foreign trades, dealing with $32 billion of textile and apparel export.
Former President (2004-2005) – Metropolitan Chamber of Commerce and Industry (MCCI), Dhaka, Bangladesh.
Founded in 1904, the Metropolitan Chamber of Commerce and Industry, Dhaka (MCCI) is the oldest and the pre-eminent trade organization of Bangladesh.
Former Vice-Chairman – Premier Bank Ltd.
Founded in 1999, the Premier Bank Limited is a private sector commercial bank with its registered office in Banani, Dhaka, Bangladesh.
Former Secretary General, South Asia Olympic Council
The South Asia Olympic Council (SAOC) formerly known as South Asian Sports Federation, is the governing body of South Asian Games, South Asian Beach Games and South Asian Winter Games. It has 7 member countries, located in the south asia sub-continent.
Organizing Secretary, Organizing Committee 11th South Asian Games Dhaka 2010.
The South Asian Games, and formerly known as the South Asian Federation Games is a biennial multi-sport event held among the athletes from South Asia. The governing body of these games is South Asia Olympic Council, formed in 1983.
Former Secretary General – Bangladesh Olympic Association.
Bangladesh Olympic Association is the National Olympic Committee representing Bangladesh. It is also the body responsible for Bangladesh's representation at the Commonwealth Games.
Former President- Bangladesh Mohammedan Sporting Club, Dhaka
Mohammedan Sporting Club Limited Dhaka, founded in 1936 at Dhaka, is one of the oldest and one of the most popular football clubs in Bangladesh, with a support base in all parts of the country. The club currently plays in the Bangladesh Premier League.
Former President- Bangladesh Badminton Federation
Bangladesh Badminton Federation is the national federation for Badminton and is responsible for governing the sport in Bangladesh.
- Former General Secretary- Bangladesh Badminton Federation
- Attended as a discussant in the Wilton Park Conference on “SOUTH ASIA: WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF REGIONAL ECONOMIC COOPERATION?” held on 11 - 13 October 2004 in London organized by Wilton Park in cooperation with the South Asian Centre for Policy Studies.
- Attend as a discussant in the ILO/JAPAN/US ASIA PACIFIC REGIONAL SEMINAR on the “APPLICATION OF THE ILO DECLARATION ON FUNDAMENTAL PRINCIPLES AND RIGHTS AT WORK AND ITS FOLLOW-UP” held on 19-21 February, 2003, at Jakarta, Indonesia, organized by ILO.
- Presented a paper at a Plenary Session on “ASIA GLOBAL SOURCING EXHIBITION AND CONFERENCE, 2001” at Jakarta Convention Centre, Indonesia held on 25-27 October, 2001, organized by RANTAI EXPO INTERNATIONAL PTE.
- Attended as a discussant in the “MARKETPLACE TEXTILICA” a seminar held on 12-18 May, 2001, at Boras, Sweden, organized by SWEDISH FEDERATION OF TRADE..
Fellow, Institute of Engineers, Bangladesh (IEB)
The Institution of Engineers, Bangladesh, commonly referred to as IEB is the national professional organisation of engineers in the People's Republic of Bangladesh. It is registered under the Societies Registration Act of the country. Within the country, it has 18 centers and 31 sub-centers.
Commercially Important Person (CIP)
In Bangladesh a CIP is an individual who is allowed to receive a number of benefits and facilities for the period of one year after recognition for their contribution to their respective sector. Mr Kutubuddin Ahmed has been receiving this honor for consecutively 29 years.